Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I Heart Chloë and Trasteverine

So...two really exciting things happened to me today. As I was checking my email and minding my own business at the showroom today, I look up to see the lovely Chloë Sevigny standing before me. Of course I was starstruck on the inside, but I kept my cool. However, I also thought to myself, "What would my life be like if I didn't work here?" So many things I don't expect to happen or rather I wish would happen have ended up coming true. Apparently, she needed to fit a dress she was wearing to a show tonight for Trasteverine.

Well, I also was pleasantly surprised when Zamari extended the invite for me to go to the Trasteverine show afterward. The presentation was held at the Greene-Naftali gallery in Chelsea. A short film entitled "The Fragile Black Blossoms Emit a Hypnotic Cascade of Tropical Perfume Whose Sweet Heady Odor Leaves Its Victim Intoxicated", which included Chloë Sevigny and Devendra Bernhardt both decked out in Trasteverine, served as the backdrop for the beautiful black creations, which were elegantly displayed on mannequins. I must say, i'm glad the showroom picked up this line. The concept of the little black dress is so malleable, and Trasteverine gets it. Every dress had its own charming detail attached to it: ruched pockets on the skirt, long fluid sleeves, or a convertible bolero cape, which gave each a different character like the actors in the film. I loved all of it, and i'm sure any fashion forward, intelligent woman would agree. This is definitely one to watch. Who said the little black dress had to be so goddamn boring? Obviously, Trasteverine didn't.







No comments: