Friday, January 16, 2009

Givenchy S/S 09




Its seems as though Riccardo Tisci can do no wrong. During the past few seasons, the designer of the cult brand has created something magical with the womenswear, and now he is turning around the menswear as well. His latest collections for Givenchy are enchanting, so hard yet so elegant at the same time. I was a little skeptical as to how true to the runway the actual menswear pieces would be , but the current selection at Barney's is anything but demure: a leather vest, a mesh football jersey, degradé layered tank, and a tattoo printed tee which I was sold on the minute I saw it.

1 comment:

Not Sure Yet said...

Its a pretty awesome campaign and I love when designers use eccentric looking beauties like Lakshmi... Would you were the tights under the shorts? When I first saw the men's part of the campaign I laughed. Not because the idea seemed so absurd to me, but because of how many times I've done the tights under the shorts look. It was however never in the name of fashion - I am perpetually late to everything (Its SO bad). It pisses off most of my theatre and dance teachers, but I'm charming enough for them to not get too angry. During May to Late September, I am ALL ABOUT shorts (cotton, linen, blends- whites, khakis, blues, greys - flat front and and pleated - always ironed with a crease). Whenever I have a dance class I usually wear shin length tights with super small(almost briefs) shorts so to save time and be a little less late I just put on my tights at home and then put my regular shorts on (not the dance ones) and run to class. So I can be seen running through the streets of Geneseo in shorts and tights, ha ha ha.