Aside from the Philip Lim sandals i've been dying to wear, Spring has me excited for several other reasons.

The highly-acclaimed Takashi Murakami restrospective (formally at the MOCA), is coming to the Brooklyn Museum on April 5. And what's a Murakami retrospective exhibit without a Louis Vuitton pop-up store?

Spring means another installment of Uniqlo's annual Designer Invitation Project. Last season, the Japanese super-brand tapped Alexandre Plohkov to design a capsule collection for men. This Spring is all about Tim Hamilton and Loden Dager. I'm liking the knits, jackets, and button-downs. Not to mention the unbelievably accessible price points. I can only imagine who'll they'll invite next year. Perhaps Mr. Ervell?

Speaking of Patrik Ervell, his pretty face makes the cover of HE Magazine's Winter/Spring 08 issue. It's nice seeing New York designers get international attention. I mean, the one-day sample sale a few weeks back was a madhouse! I was lucky enough to walk away unscathed with an S/S 08 pleated tuxedo shirt and coordinating scarf. So it's only a sign of good things to come when there's a frenzy over New York menswear.
No comments:
Post a Comment