Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A little Lim and Prada

Oak is throwing a little bash this Friday to celebrate the opening of their new Manhattan location at 28 Bond. Of course at events such as these, dressing to impress is a must. Even the intern has gotta look dashing! I came to the conclusion after perusing through my closet that I needed to shop for a new party attire. So I paid a visit to Barney's Coop and instantly fell in love with this 3.1 Philip Lim shirt.



It's very understated and unpretentious, which Lim is very good at doing when it comes to making clothes. This could explain why the man is so damn popular these days. The plaid isn't so 'in your face', and the subtle pleating on the chest is perfection. My aim for the evening is to stand out for wearing something that looks good and fits well. For me, going to party in head-to-toe Jeremy Scott is just a little tacky. It works on the street, and in Helsinki or Tokyo, but it's way to pretentious to be wearing to a party in my opinion. I'll pair the shirt with some kind of dark denim and maybe a cropped blazer, and my Prada bow bracelet on my wrist for a tiny bit of flash. I also need to get my hair cut and styled. I kinda want a cut similar to the models for Tim Hamilton's resort collection, granted it suits me and I have enough hair to pull it off.

No comments: