Thursday, January 31, 2008

Death to Faux-Hawk

It's about damn time I ditched the faux-hawk and left it for the 50 year-old, Abercrombie-clad, Chelsea queen to rock. I'll admit, it WAS the hairstyle to sport for a hot minute. But now I look back at all my photos from the end of senior year through my first year of college and say to myself, "Somebody ought to slap that kid."

My appointment with Andy at Public Salon was the perfect way to end a long and arduous day of Pratt architectorture. It was my time at Public and honestly my first time at salon (unless I count the haircut I got from the stylist-in-training at the Aveda School). So I arrived a little before 6:30 and waited a bit, sipped some complimentary yerba maté and flipped through POP magazine. Then I got in the chair and experienced Andy work his magic.

Here's a before pic from last year.....


After.....


Much improved, don'tcha think? I think it makes me look more mature, and even slightly more polished. It'll look even better when the top is grown out a little more.

My thanks goes to Andy for a great job. I am most definitely a fan and soon to be Public devotee! So if you are male (or female), in need of a haircut, and in the New York area, definitely make the trip out to Williamsburg to Public!

No comments: